4HB: End of week 9 (a tad early)
This is my contribution for Get Hawt Friday #008.
The scale has me at about 8.5 pounds lost overall (down to ~144.5 from 153), but remember those jeans I bought back in week 4? And how I said last week, “I’m in size 10 jeans, and the size 12 seems way too big now”? Yeah, I wore my size 8 week-4-jeans yesterday, all day. AND THEY FIT.
I suddenly feel smaller, look smaller, and now objectively AM smaller.
I apparently can’t quit soda. I’ve tried, but I can’t. I’m fine with that…I’ve eliminated cream now, and that seems to be helping too.
Last random note: I picked up Lisette yesterday and told her about the jeans. I said “I’m probably on the heavy side of size eight, but it’s all good.” She said, “You know what they call someone who’s on the heavy side of size eight? A size eight.”
Edit: Everyone’s been talking food lately. Since nearly ALL of my weight loss is diet related – I’m doing some walking, but nothing dedicated – I thought I’d share some of the typical noms in the McCown household, using this week as a template:
- It’s been nearly nine weeks, and I haven’t yet grown tired of eggs and turkey bacon. No surprise…it’s always been one of my favorite breakfasts, especially after you eliminate everything bready.
- On request, Sean made tomato soup again this week – I could honestly live on this stuff, and this week I’ve been doing my best to prove it – with white beans as thickener, and ground beef in it. A whole meal in a bowl. I ate it four times yesterday, no joke – breakfast (with eggs n bacon), 1st lunch, 2nd lunch, and with dinner.
- Last night we had nicely browned chicken breast, too. And cauliflower. Nom.
- I’ll often make meatloaf – another favorite meal. We haven’t been making tons of beans lately, so I supplement with canned, low sodium black beans.
- Veg is a little hard for me to keep up with, but we rotate carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, and salad regularly.
- Peanut butter is a weakness, but I’m sticking to the diet guidelines – no more than 2 tablespoons a day.
- Diet soda doesn’t seem to be hurting me, but I’m keeping my intake down.
- I’ve replaced much of my soda addiction with coffee, but since I’ve been using fresh ground Whole Foods beans in my French press, I cant’ stand most other coffees. That’s the preppiest sentence I’ve ever written, but there you have it. No more cream in my coffee, just ~1/2 teaspoon sugar (that’s NOT on the diet) and some vanilla.
- Also, tea and water. Kombucha tea when it’s in the house.
- When I have a sweet tooth, I’ll eat a sugar free jello.
That’s most of what I eat these days. Sean’s a steak addict, and I partake…but it’s not the wild treat for me that it is for him.
I leave you with this video from Tim Ferriss, outlining some of the more important concepts from The Four Hour Body: